This feature can be used to solve different issues:
- Some carriers might apply some limits in term of the number of contacts you can reach at once. There might be a maximum number set per hour, Day, week etc....
- Carriers want to limit spammers. So if you send the same message to many recipients at once in a short period of time, this could be caught as a spam and in some cases your phone’s texting feature might be disabled for some time by your carrier.
- You want to always keep iMessage turned ON as you do not want to miss any messages sent from your friends through Apple devices (via iMessage).
- You want to keep iMessage turned ON as you want to use it when possible for your mass texts to Apple devices (via iMessage).
- You want to send personalized mass text messages by addressing each recipient with information such as Last name, First Name and/or company