Good to Know:
- iPhone uses blue bubbles to indicate iMessages or green ones for standard SMS/MMS.
- A message addressed to multiple recipients via iMessage will be a group conversation(recipient can see everyone who received the message and 'reply all')
- A message addressed to multiple recipients is sent via MMS and displays 'New Group MMS'.
Group messages sent as MMS use data.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Messages .
- Tap the Group Messaging switch to turn on or off .
When turned on:
- Multi-recipient text messages are converted to MMS messages.
- Recipients of group messages with capable devices can see everyone who received the message and 'reply all'.
- Multi-recipient text messages are sent as SMS messages.
- Message recipients can't 'reply all' nor are they able to see a list of the message recipients.